Tuesday, October 7, 2014

But First... Let Me Make A Selfie!

That's what kindergarteners said when they first came to the art room ;) So we did make a selfie! I LOVE doing this unit with kindergarteners as soon as they come to art because of many reasons. Developmentally, it is all about them at this time of their life and so they are already inspired and take this art making challenge very personally. I also get a better understanding of their skill level and how I can differentiate for future lessons based off of what I see from this first art making experience in the art room. And lastly, I know if I was a parent I would cherish this first artwork especially if it was a self-portrait and save it for years and years to come!!

So please, cherish this first self-portrait of their K-12 school experience. If you can, provide materials for them to create with at home as well. I am so excited to see how our youngest artists grow over the year through their artwork!

Take a look at some of the kindergarten self-portraits that are being hung in our school gallery!





No comments:

Post a Comment